Friday, March 4, 2011

Teaching Philosophy

As a Matriculation lecturer who deals with adolescents of diverse backgrounds, I believe no matter how mature the students are, learning will be more meaningful when it is fun, interactive, encouraging and rewarding. My seven years of teaching experience have showed me how students’ personalities changed over the years, in which students of the later years must be treated and taught with love and attention, not strict punishments. My teaching personality have changed gradually as well, for I never stop experimenting different approaches or measures that I think will benefit the students and my teaching skills.

I believe all students are capable of learning. It is just that all individuals are unique and special in our own way, hence different styles, interests and pace of learning. As an educator, my aim is to cultivate self-directed learning in which the students feel responsible and obligated for their own learning. I wish I can create independent learners by constantly inculcating positive learning culture. I make a point of blending motivations and practical experience in my classes to make them aware of the applications of the knowledge in our daily lives.

I guess the formula is to love what I teach. From my experience, if I teach from the heart, it goes to the heart of the students! (Believe me, they can feel it inside). The students can really sense the passion for knowledge from the way we teach. Anyhow, I still have a long way to go to be a successful educator. In my opinion, if I can touch students’ heart that serves as a turning point for the students to change, in terms of attitude or perception towards learning, that is what I call a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your favourite Science subject?


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.