Friday, March 27, 2009

Reflections

  1. Notes - Chapter 4 Chemical Bonding






Reflection - This powerpoint presentation was created for my Semester 1 lecture. It was really hard for me to come up with notes that are short for a topic that you have so much to tell. At last, this is it, a brief outline of the main points. I really wanted it to be short but sufficient because from my experience students are so impacted by first impressions on a chapter. If the notes are wordy, then they think "Oh..it's a difficult chapter" ..and vice versa. Personally, I think lecture notes are not supposed to be complete. The verbal explanation must be complemented by the notes and not vice versa.

Note : I love the polar bear..was hoping students will like it and remind them of polarity!

Reflection on Artifact 1 : Chemical Tests to distinguish between Aromatic and Aliphatic Hydrocarbon

This artifact is not mine. However, I find it very useful that I think I should share this with every member of the unit. We had students who used the bromination reaction of benzene to differentiate benzene from hexane, but we cannot really explain what are the outcomes of this test because it was not experimented. So can we really use this test? Have a look at this document, and I am sure you'll be enlightened on the subject just like me..:)

Reflection on Artifact 2 : Critical Analysis on Smart School

This is actually an assignment for my ICT subject. In doing this assignment, I visited one of the pilot schools (STAR, Ipoh). Now that I have browsed through the Smart School' blueprint, got first hand information from the school's principal etc, it has helped me gain better understanding of the objectives/visions. I used the e-dictionary many-many times in order to write this piece of assignment, and I guess my vocabs have improved. Besides, it taught me to think critically, to think of the pros and cons- in simple word..to justify things. I am very proud of this piece of work, because it reflects my hard work and efforts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your favourite Science subject?


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.